Global Green Bonds
"An investment into Green Bonds can offer an investor a unique combination of providing investment to help to mitigate global climate change in developed and emerging markets, whilst providing capital gains and income over the mid to long term for investors.”
- Green Bonds raise funds for new and existing projects which deliver environmental benefits
- To meet agreements set in the Paris Accord, Green Bonds will become a significant investment instrument
- Provides investors with a tax-exempt income and the satisfaction of knowing the proceeds of their investment will be used in a positive manner
- Capital markets and bond issues play a central role in raising capital globally and crowding-in public and private investors from all over the world
- Growing segment of the fixed income universe is ‘Green Bonds’, reflecting the increasing importance being placed upon environmental sustainability
- Over the last 5 years, the market has significantly grown. In 2020, the market value for SSA Green Bonds is expected to be USD250 billion+
- Funds raised finance the development of new or existing environmental projects, including renewable energy, sustainable water management and pollution prevention
- The Green SSA market is large and liquid and the demand for such high quality paper makes these investments trade at lower yields to competing spread products, but still above the sovereign debt of their respective countries
"A consistent four-step investment process which incorporates quantitative and qualitative inputs, engaging the team in a collaborative process to generate ideas reflected in high conviction duration, currency, credit and yield curve calls to construct a Green Bond portfolio”
Ongoing risk management is integral to the entire investment process with constant dialogue between our investment team and the independent risk management team to ensure that risks are identified, evaluated, monitored and mitigated.
The funds mentioned are Singapore registered funds approved for sale or purchase in Singapore. By proceeding, you are representing and warranting that you are either resident in Singapore or the applicable laws and regulations of your jurisdiction allow you to access the information.
The information on this website is not intended to be an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell any product or service to any person in any jurisdiction where such offer, solicitation, purchase or sale would be unlawful under the laws of such jurisdiction.
This website may contain links to the website of certain overseas affiliates of Nikko Asset Management Asia Limited (“Nikko AM Asia”). However, providing such links should not be considered as offering or solicitation by Nikko AM Asia of any product or service of its affiliates to any person.
This website is purely for informational purposes only with no consideration given to the specific investment objective, financial situation and particular needs of any specific person. It should not be relied upon as financial advice. The mention of individual securities, sectors, regions or countries within this website are for illustration purposes only and does not imply a recommendation to buy or sell. You should seek advice from a financial adviser before making any investment. In the event that you choose not to do so, you should consider whether the investment selected is suitable for you. Investments in funds are not deposits in, obligations of, or guaranteed or insured by Nikko AM Asia.
Past performance or any prediction, projection or forecast is not indicative of future performance. The Funds or any underlying funds may use or invest in financial derivative instruments. The value of units and income from them may fall or rise. Investments in the Funds are subject to investment risks, including the possible loss of principal amount invested. You should read the relevant prospectus (including the risk warnings) and product highlights sheet of the Funds, which are available and may be obtained from appointed distributors of Nikko AM Asia or our website (www.nikkoam.com.sg) before deciding whether to invest in the Funds.
The information contained herein may not be copied, reproduced or redistributed without the express consent of Nikko AM Asia. While reasonable care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information as at the date of publication, Nikko AM Asia does not give any warranty or representation, either express or implied, and expressly disclaims liability for any errors or omissions. Information may be subject to change without notice. Nikko AM Asia accepts no liability for any loss, indirect or consequential damages, arising from any use of or reliance on this website.
Sustainability in action
This site is designed to be light in carbon footprint. We strive to deliver a smoother experience, using less energy with a simplified code, light vector graphics and by reducing unnecessary features and plugins. We regularly review and archive content to reduce impact on the environment.